The International Conference on Shape Memory and Superelastic Technologies will take place in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom from May 18th – 22nd. SMST brings together a diverse group of worldwide experts active in the field of shape memory and superelastic materials. There will be a full-day workshop on Monday, May 18th, followed by a four-day technical program that will cover a host of topics relevant to medical device manufacturers, including deep dives into failure mode analysis, Nitinol processing, corrosion, fatigue behavior and many others.
NDC’s technical team will contribute the following:
- Plenary Session: History of our Industry (T. Duerig, K. Melton)
- Plenary Session: Corrosion and Biological Response (C. Trepanier)
- The Competition between R and M Martensites in Nitinol Medical Devices (T. Duerig, K. Bhattacharya)
- Effect of Pre-Strain on Nitinol Fatigue Life (A. Shamimi, T. Duerig)
- Sensitivity of Nitinol Fatigue Strain on Material Inputs in Finite Element Analysis (C. Bonsignore, K. Senthilnathan, T. Duerig, P. Saffari)
- Effects of Room Temperature Aging on Hydrogen-Charged Nitinol (T. Duerig, D. Madamba)
NDC is looking forward to a highly productive and educational SMST, and we encourage your attendance! For more information about SMST 2015, please visit: www.asminternational.org/web/smst-2015-event/home.
For more information about NDC, please contact [email protected].