Confluent’s Biomedical Textiles service the Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, and Tissue Engineering markets. Woven, Knits, Braided, and Non-Woven implantable medical textiles are building blocks for medical devices. Trust our proven textiles expertise to assist you from initial concept development through large-scale production.
Markets & Applications
Our team has experience with the development and manufacturing of implantable textiles for head-to-toe applications. Common medical segments Confluent supports with textile components include:
- Cardiovascular: Aortic and Mitral transcatheter valve skirts, Atrial appendage occlusion device coverts, or endovascular stent grafts
- Orthopedic: Sports Med Sutures and assemblies, joint and ligament fixation and reconstruction devices, spinal fixation tethers
- Tissue engineering with cell scaffolds, and resorbable wound healing materials
Biomedical Textiles Manufacturing Capabilities
Confluent specializes in 4 core textiles technologies:
- Wovens (flat fabrics and 3D structures)
- Knits (flat or tubular constructs)
- Braids (from 3 to 96 ends, round, flat and bifurcating structures)
- Non-Wovens (Sheets, plugs, and tubular forms of resorbable materials
Confluent has partnered with The Electrospinning Company to provide sutureless attachments of textiles to a device frame. Eliminating the need for sewing and manual assemblies which reduces cycle times and costs.
Our textiles may be provided in bulk packaging, or cut and packaged as finished components.
Confluent’s Laser Cut Textiles provide the tightest tolerances for vascular textiles.
All components manufactured in ISO7 and ISO8 clean rooms in an ISO 13485 facility.
Rapid Iteration is the Key to Innovation.
Confluent’s dedicated textiles rapid prototyping center provides you with the perfect partner for the fast moving concept development.
- Best in Class Lead times
- Expert Textiles Engineering Support
- Industry leading capabilities
With capabilities mirroring our high volume manufacturing facility. Confluent’s textiles prototyping center allows for quick iteration and downselection of concepts with a smooth transition to production.
Get more information on our biomedical textile manufacturing, testing, and design services.